[R] Re :

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Sat May 1 13:55:41 CEST 2010

On May 1, 2010, at 1:32 AM, Mohan L wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I am new to R and the mailing list.
>
> I have a data file (.xls) format with little bit large (16 column,
> 35000 rows
> ) data file. I am trying to read this file for calculation.  I have
> converted the file into .csv format and read like that :
>
>> bmtrend <- read.csv(file="simple.csv",head=TRUE,sep=",")
>
>> bmtrend
>
> will display something in the middle of display
>
> [ reached get Option("max.print") -- omitted 30061 rows ]]

?options

The data is in there, but your option max.print  is set to a number
smaller than you apparently desire. Why would you want to put all of
such a dataset on the console screen, anyway? Surely there are more
effective methods to check for completeness.

> It will not show the full list of data.
>
> please suggest me best way to read large file?

Pretty sure you did. Now you should check with functions designed for
data analysis.

?summary
?nrow
?str