[R] What is the best way to have "R" output tables in an MS Word format?

Max Kuhn mxkuhn at gmail.com
Sat May 1 20:22:08 CEST 2010

Chris,

> Come on R core team: I am sure there are a large number of users like
> Max Gunther and myself who would find this a huge help and I'm equally
> sure there are an even larger number of potential users who would change
> to R if we had formatted tables in the output window and the option to
> save that to HTML, TeX, ODF and ideally RTF.  I think three quarters of
> the export/save primitives needed are there in these various add ons to
> R that alread exist and all that's needed on top of them is a simple
> screen rendering that would handle tables.  (Graphics later or even
> never would be fine by me.)

Why is it R Core's job to fulfill your wants and desires? I have a
hard time thinking that very busy people would spend extra time doing
something that they may or may not have a direct need for. Write it
yourself or get a group of people together to do it. That what we did
with odfWeave (for better or worse). If the task is beyond what you
feel you can do, fund it.

> Yours in hope and huge appreciation for what we already have

Max