[R] Delete rows with duplicate field...

someone vonhoffen at t-online.de
Mon May 3 15:04:52 CEST 2010

as a r noob i am having another problem:
i have a big dataframe where each row corresponds to one entry and each
column is a field...
for instance, i have the column ID and time and many more...
Id like to get a dataframe where all IDs are just included once (some users
with that ID might have several entries but Id like to kepp only one)..
when i use unique I only get a list of the levels (or different IDs)
could someone help me out and tell me how to get the dataframe with only one
entry for each ID?