[R] getting parts returned by lmer

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Mon May 3 16:16:32 CEST 2010

On May 3, 2010, at 9:41 AM, John Sorkin wrote:

> R 2.10.0
> windows XP
>
> I am trying to get the coefficients returned from lmer. Normally I
> would use the names function to get the objects returned by the
> function. This does not work in lmer, but it does for lm:

When you read the help page for lmer it refers your to the description
of "mer"-class where that help page tells you that it is an S4 object
and offers a wide variety of extractor method functions, including a
coef function. The str function would have shown you the slot names,
but at your level of knowledge, it would probably be safer to work
with the extractor/accessor functions. (I speak from sad experience.
The authors of that package know a lot more than either of us.)

--
David.