[R] tracing the origin of warning messages

Thomas Wutzler thomas.wutzler at web.de
Tue May 4 10:14:12 CEST 2010

Thanks Mr. Ripley, Mr. Liggers, and Mr. Burns,

"I can not see the forest, because trees block my sight"
options(warn=2)

Thanks also for the hint to the very useful R Inferno. I guess, reading
it earlier, would have saved days of debugging and frustration.
I also did not now about the useful browser, recover, and trace
functions yet.

Just of interest: Is there a way to trace the nth warning, i.e. continue
on the first n-1 warnings and stop only afterwards?

Best regards
Thomas Wutzler