[R] Read data from .csv file as a matrix

Tao Shi shitao at hotmail.com
Wed May 5 22:26:57 CEST 2010

Vincent,

The root of this problem seems to be that you don't fully understand the differences between matrix and data.frame.  Read up on them and you'll know how to solve this problem.

For now:

as.matrix(temp[,-1])

or
temp = read.csv("Weather.csv", sep=",", row.names=1)
temp1 <- as.matrix(temp)

should work.

...Tao