[R] Error messages with psm and not cph in Hmisc

David Foreman David_Foreman at doctors.net.uk
Wed May 5 18:29:39 CEST 2010

While

sm4.6ll<-fit.mult.impute(Surv(agesi, si)~partner+ in.love+ pubty+ FPA+
strat(gender),fitter = cph, xtrans = dated.sexrisk2.i, data =
dated.sexrisk2, x=T,y=T,surv=T, time.inc=16)

runs perfectly using Hmisc, Design and mice under R11 run via Sciviews-K,
with

library(Design)
library(mice)
ds2d<-datadist(dated.sexrisk2)
options(datadist="ds2d")
options(contrasts=c("contr.treatment","contr.treatment"))

the equivalent

sm4.6ll<-fit.mult.impute(Surv(agesi, si)~partner+ in.love+ pubty+ FPA+
strat(gender),fitter = *psm*, xtrans = dated.sexrisk2.i, data =
dated.sexrisk2, x=T,y=T,surv=T, time.inc=16)

returns the error message

Error in  dimnames(X) <- list(rnam, c("(Intercept)", atr$colnames)) :
  length of 'dimnames' [2] not equal to array extent

Using survreg{survival} for which psm is a wrapper, also runs perfectly on
the unimputed dataset.

Is this a bug, or am I doing something wrong?  I particularly want to make
use of Design's validation and calibration utilities on multiply imputed
data.

With many thanks for everyone's help

David Foreman
Consultant and Visiting Professor in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry

	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]