[R] for loop

Joshua Wiley jwiley.psych at gmail.com
Fri May 7 16:27:28 CEST 2010

Hello,

It depends a bit on what 'data' is, but look at...

cc <- list()
d <- 1
data <- expression(d1, d2, d3)
for(i in data) {cc[[paste(i)]] <- table(i, subsample$vD31NADD}

if 'data' is a character vector or of numbers, you would just need

for(i in data) {cc[[i]] <- table(i, subsample$vD31NADD}

Anyways, you can use ' i ' both for table() and as an index for your
list, cc[[i]], as long as ' i ' is in a reasonable format.

Best regards,

Josh

On Fri, May 7, 2010 at 6:54 AM, n.vialma at libero.it <n.vialma at libero.it> wrote:

> Dear list,
> in the following loop im generating objects of type table. What I would like to do is to put all those objects together in a list (that i called cc).I did this but the result is not what i espect to get:
>

> cc=list()
> d=1
> for (i in data) {
> cc=list(cc,assign(paste("n",d,sep=""),table(i,subsample$vD31NADD)))
> d=d+1}
> I know that this won't work properly:
>
> cc=list(cc,assign(paste("n",d,sep=""),table(i,subsample$vD31NADD)))
> but I dont know a way to add to my list the new objects generated at each step of the loop.
> Thanks for your attention!

Joshua Wiley
Senior in Psychology
University of California, Riverside