[R] overlap dot plots with box plots

ADM diz at mpi-cbg.de
Fri May 7 19:07:28 CEST 2010

Hi,

I am new in R and would like to dot plot my real data points from different
categories and put box plot overlapping. To give a feeling of the
distribution of my data and the real values.
I managed to that in excel but it takes a lot of time and it makes the
program crash quite often!
http://n4.nabble.com/file/n2134530/Excelversion.jpg

I managed to get a box plot and a dot plot of my three categories that look
like  http://n4.nabble.com/file/n2134530/Rplot_boxplot.jpg
http://n4.nabble.com/file/n2134530/Rplot_dotplot.jpg

but cannot plot them one on top of the other. Any suggestion would be really
apreciated!!

I would also like to color only the dots and leave the box plot
'transparent' as in the excel version, tips on that are also welcome!

Thanks a lot in advance

ADM