[R] help on hmisc

Frank E Harrell Jr f.harrell at Vanderbilt.Edu
Sat May 8 15:04:04 CEST 2010

On 05/07/2010 10:12 AM, nvanzuydam at gmail.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I thought I would just jump in on this as I am running an i7 as well. I use
> hmisc for the doBy functions and it would make a huge difference
> particularly with large data sets to run this on 64bit windows. I'm not
> sure how to compile from source and usually use the install.packages
> option. At the moment I have two versions of R installed and switch between
> them depending on what I'm working with. Having an hmisc package for 64bit
> windows would really help.
>
> Thanks Natalie

Natalie you must be thinking of another package.  doBy is not in Hmisc.
  summarize, mApply, etc., are in Hmisc.

You might look at the data.table package too.

Frank

--
Frank E Harrell Jr   Professor and Chairman        School of Medicine