[R] Is it possible to rearrange the facets in ggplot while keeping everything else the same?

George Chen glchen at stanford.edu
Sun May 9 03:56:39 CEST 2010

Hello,

First, ggplot2 is great!
Second, sorry for the basic nature of my question.

I have data in the form of a melt table like this:
Subject	Day	Ab	Variable	Value
1	1	Yes	A	3
1	3	Yes	A	5
1	5	Yes	A	7
2	1	No	A	2
2	3	No	A	4
2	5	No	A	6
3	1	Yes	A	1
3	3	Yes	A	3
3	5	Yes	A	5
4	1	No	A	4
4	3	No	A	6
4	5	No	A	8
1	1	Yes	B	3
1	3	Yes	B	5
1	5	Yes	B	7
2	1	No	B	2
2	3	No	B	4
2	5	No	B	6
3	1	Yes	B	1
3	3	Yes	B	3
3	5	Yes	B	5
4	1	No	B	4
4	3	No	B	6
4	5	No	B	8
1	1	Yes	C	3
1	3	Yes	C	5
1	5	Yes	C	7
2	1	No	C	2
2	3	No	C	4
2	5	No	C	6
3	1	Yes	C	1
3	3	Yes	C	3
3	5	Yes	C	5
4	1	No	C	4
4	3	No	C	6
4	5	No	C	8

The table goes on like this for another 11 subjects.

I can plot a 3 row (A,B,C) x 4 column (Sub 1,2,3,4) grid of time courses with the y labels for the facets being 1,2,3,4 and the x labels for the facets being A,B,C.

qplot(Day,Value,data="data above") + facet_grid(Variable~Subject, scales="free_y")

But, how do I rearrange the columns so that all the Yeses to Ab are together and the Nos to Ab are together while keeping the same labeling?

Thanks in advance.

George Chen