[R] How to identify seasonality in time series data??

vikrant vikrant.shimpi at tcs.com
Mon May 10 09:07:08 CEST 2010

Dear ALL R Experts,

I have a time series and I want to detect presence of seasonality in this
time series. I know the method of plotting the Autocorrelation function(acf)
and if there are significant lags after period s,2s,3s,... then s is the
period for the time series. But my problem is instead of plotting the ACF
function, I need to automatically test the presence of seasonality. How this
could be done??

Since I have many time series, I need to automate this function which would
detect the presence of seasonality along with the period. Is there any
package readily available which could do this?? Or there is anyway to do
this. Any help would e greatly appreciated

Thanks in advance