[R] ANCOVA in R, single CoVar, two Variables

Tom W tom.wardley at exosect.com
Tue May 11 15:55:49 CEST 2010

Hello,

I am VERY new to R, just picking it up infact. I have got my head around the
basics of ANOVA with post hoc tests but I am struggling with regression,
especially with ANCOVAs.

I have two sets of data, one of type A, one of type B. Both have been placed
in a wind tunnel and sampled every week. The co variate is of course the
days since the start.

An example is

day	A	B
0	10.0	10.0
7	9.0	9.1
14	8.0	8.2
21	7.0	7.3
28	6.0	6.4
35	5.0	5.5
42	4.0	4.5
49	3.0	3.6
56	2.0	2.7

I have been able to do ANOVA on similar data without a co variate, everyone
else seems to use ANCOVAs very different to how I do, either that or I am
the only one doing something this simple.

Could anyone please explain how to perform the analysis, I currently have
the data in R in a data frame I have called anco.

Thanks for any help.

Tom