[R] a matter of etiquette

Frank E Harrell Jr f.harrell at Vanderbilt.Edu
Tue May 11 18:00:24 CEST 2010

On 05/11/2010 08:20 AM, Gabor Grothendieck wrote:
> You could send a reminder to the author.  Its happened to me that
> nothing occurred and 6 months later I sent another email and that
> seemed enough to get it fixed.
>
> You could also ask the maintainer if the package has been abandoned
> and offer to take over as maintainer.

I know this can be frustrating.  I reported a critical but trivial to
fix error in a package 3 years ago and offered to take over the
maintenance of the package one year ago, but the current maintainer does
not get around to responding.

Frank

--
Frank E Harrell Jr   Professor and Chairman        School of Medicine