[R] RWinEdt in WinEdt 6

Uwe Ligges ligges at statistik.tu-dortmund.de
Tue May 11 21:39:18 CEST 2010

On 11.05.2010 18:01, Gregoire wrote:

> I'm having difficulty installing RWinEdt in WinEdt6. I receive the following
> message:
>
> Error : .onAttach failed in attachNamespace() for 'RWinEdt', details:
>    call: getWinEdt()
>    error:
> WinEdt is not installed properly.
>
> I have tried following the manual instructions in the readme.txt without
> success. I receive the following message:
>
> WinEdt's Initialization File "C:\Program Files (x86)\WinEdt Team\WinEdt
> 6\R.ini" is corrupted. Using Backup!
>
> Does anyone have any recommendations, or perhaps RWinEdt have not been
> recoded for WinEdt 6 yet?

The latter is true, WinEdt 6 is rather new and I have not had the time
to look at it so far, but I intended to do so during the next few weeks.

Note that we had WinEdt 5.x for more than 10 years now, hence the change
was surprising for me given I do not read any WinEdt news regularly (and
am still under 10 years or so old WinEdt 5.2 myself)  ...

Best,
Uwe Ligges