[R] snow makeCluster (makeSOCKcluster) not working in R-2.11

Ramon Diaz-Uriarte rdiaz02 at gmail.com
Wed May 12 19:12:17 CEST 2010

Interesting: I run into the same problem (also R-2.11) when using
Windows inside VirtualBox from a Debian host (i.e., I am running a
Debian GNU/Linux box that has VirtualBox, and I have a Windows XP as a
guest inside VirtualBox). But I attributed it to my setup (usage of
VirtualBox) as I was told that my code did run OK in a "true" Windows
machine with R-2.11.

By the way, the problem did not always show up, just most of the time
(about 80% to 90% of the attempts).

Best,

R.