[R] a question about "latex" in Hmisc

Erik Iverson eriki at ccbr.umn.edu
Wed May 12 21:56:28 CEST 2010

Shi, Tao wrote:
> Hi Richard,
>
> Obviously, the list doesn't like my attachment.  Here it is:
>
> http://i41.tinypic.com/15qz387.jpg
>
> I set the path using Windows control panel.  And "didn't work" means
> I'm still getting the same error window shown above.

Well, it's hard to say what's going on unless I can get on a Windows
machine and replicate it.  That path is R's temporary directory, so it
seems the DVI file is either not getting created, it's getting created
in a different place than it's expected, or something is looking in the
wrong spot for the .dvi file.  You mention in your original post that
the .dvi file is created.  Can you confirm that this is true?  Did you
mean in the temp directory, or in your working directory?  Check the
.log file in the temp directory if one exists with the same base name as
the .dvi file in the error message.