[R] ff for 64-bit windows and 64-bit R

Jens Oehlschlägel jens.oehlschlaegel at truecluster.com
Fri May 14 10:55:13 CEST 2010

Lawrence,

My understanding is that only a minor change is needed in ff's C++ layer in order to remove the 64bit compiler warnings/errors.
The C++ layer is maintained by Daniel Adler, who can give you an outlook if/when he plans to attack this.

Until a 64bit version of ff is available, you might consider using the 32bit win version of R and ff on a 64bit win machine: while 32bit R itself has limited memory access, ff can handle larger objects faster because it benefits from *all* RAM via filesystem-caching.

Jens