[R] Problem with vignette printing

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Fri May 14 16:00:23 CEST 2010

On Fri, 14 May 2010, Sébastien Bihorel wrote:

> Hi Duncan,
>
> You are right, my options("pdfviewer") is currently an empty string... I
> will have to look into the documentation to create a .Rprofile (I believe)
> and set this option at loading.

You could, but the help says

      ‘pdfviewer’: default PDF viewer.  The default is set from the
           environment variable ‘R_PDFVIEWER’, the default value of
           which is set when R is configured.

and that normal way is to set R_PDFVIEWER -- but no such viewer was
found when R was configured.  (If R was configured by someone else,
e.g. if this was an RPM install, that may not be representative of
your system.)

Brian D. Ripley,                  ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk