[R] multhist,labels and percentages

Federico Calboli f.calboli at imperial.ac.uk
Fri May 14 16:19:39 CEST 2010

Hi All,

I am in the annoying position of having to present some data to someone who seems to be somewhat less than numerate. I need to label the y-axes of a multhist with the y-axis labeled not as counts but as percentage of a population. Plotting the standard histogram is in a way fine, all I need is to:

-- have a left-handside y-axis labels for pop 1 and a right-handside y-axis labels for pop2
-- replace the counts in each axis with population percentages (easy to calculate, but how to stick them there?)

Any suggestion would be gratefully received.

Federico C. F. Calboli
Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics
Imperial College, St. Mary's Campus
Norfolk Place, London W2 1PG

Tel +44 (0)20 75941602   Fax +44 (0)20 75943193

f.calboli [.a.t] imperial.ac.uk
f.calboli [.a.t] gmail.com