[R] Java API to pass commands to R console from Java Program

NewRUser pratyusha.panuganti at gmail.com
Fri May 14 22:03:35 CEST 2010

Hi all,

I am a new user of R and we have to integrate R into Java. I have downloaded
and installed R and rJava/JRI and set up the environment. I was able to run
the rTest java programs successfully.

I have to automate the process involving R. I have the following question
regarding it.

Instead of opening the console from java program and passing commands (like
load) to this console manually, is there any API/function available using
which I can pass the commands directly to the console from java code itself
instead of typing manually?

Thank you.