[R] BRugs under Linux?

Kevin E. Thorpe kevin.thorpe at utoronto.ca
Mon May 17 18:46:52 CEST 2010

Hello.

In this post:

http://finzi.psych.upenn.edu/Rhelp10/2010-March/233815.html

Uwe Ligges suggests using BRugs rather than R2WinBUGS under windows.  He
also notes that it is not in the main CRAN repository, but it is in
"extras" which is a default repository under windows.

I have OpenBUGS 3.1.0 (the latest that has a native Linux version  which
is no longer called linBUGS) installed on my Linux box and would like to
interact with it from R.  I see posts on this from 2009, but these
predate the 3.1.0 version, so I'm wonering if there is anything new here.

Is BRugs the recommended approach from Linux?  If so, the required
repository is not a default on my installation.  What is the address of
the repository where this will be found?  If BRugs is not the best
solution from Linux, can anyone suggest a better alternative?

Note that I also know about jags and have that installed also, but until
I become a bit more familiar with this software I'm starting from BUGS.

Kevin

--
Kevin E. Thorpe
Biostatistician/Trialist, Knowledge Translation Program