[R] GUI commands to call for a protein from protein data bank

Amitoj S. Chopra amitojc at gmail.com
Tue May 18 07:35:34 CEST 2010

What I am trying to do is use GUI function, traitr, and to call for a pdb
file and save it and then display it. I want to call for it by taking it
from the user and then displaying it on the screen. I am having problems
with that. The line pdb <- read.pdb(""ProteinCode) where proteincode should
be the name of the protein, for example 1ly2, but it always ends up being
protein. My question is how to you make the input for read.pdb actually be
the input by the user and not protein code. I want to be able to type 1ly2,
and for the program to actually display the contents of 1ly2. Thanks!

Code:

dlg <- aDialog(items=list(
ProteinCode=stringItem("")
),
OK_handler=function(.) { # . is reference to dlg object
values <- .$to_R()
f <- function(ProteinCode)
pdb <- read.pdb("ProteinCode")
do.call(f, values)