[R] Fatal error that doesn't let me start R

Tue May 18 17:25:06 CEST 2010

Hi,

On Tue, May 18, 2010 at 10:51 AM,  <gbrenes at ssc.wisc.edu> wrote:
> Hi, all.
>
> I have R installed in my computer.  I guess I did something in my previous
> session, and now every time I start R, I find the following message:
>
> "Fatal error: unable to restore saved data in .RData"
>
> I uninstalled R and installed it again and I'm still getting this message.
>
> Can anyone help me?

It looks like you have an .Rdata file that is corrupt -- you just have
to remove it.

When you quit R, you should have noticed a prompt that asks you if you
want to "Save workspace image". When answer "yes", it will save your
workspace into an ".RData" file.

Anyway, it's not a problem with your R install, which is why
reinstalling R didn't work, you just have to remove this file. Without
any more details with respect to how you launched R, what type of cpu
you have, etc., my first guess would be that this file resides in your
home directory.

-steve
--
Steve Lianoglou