[R] (no subject)

Arantzazu Blanco Bernardeau aramucia at hotmail.com
Tue May 18 17:35:00 CEST 2010

Hello
I have a data array with soil variables (caperf), in which the variable "clay" is factor (as I see entering str(caperf)) . I need to do a regression model, so I need to have arcilla (=clay) as a numeric variable.  For that I have entered

as.numeric(as.character(arcilla))

and even entering
 'as.numeric(levels(arcilla))[arcilla]'the variable is resting as factor, and the linear model is not valid (for my purposes).
The decimal commas have been converted to decimal points, so I have no idea of what to do.
Thanks a lot

Arantzazu Blanco Bernardeau
Dpto de Química Agrícola, Geología y Edafología
Universidad de Murcia-Campus de Espinardo