[R] Re : Nomogram with multiple interactions (package rms)

Marc Carpentier marc.carpentier at ymail.com
Wed May 19 23:36:33 CEST 2010

I'm sorry. I don't understand the "omit" solution, and maybe I mislead you with my explanation.

With the data from the "f" exemple of nomogram() :
Let's declare :
f2 <- cph(Surv(d.time,death) ~ sex*(age+blood.pressure))
I guess the best (and maybe the only) way to represent it with a nomogram is to plot two nomograms (I couldn't find better).
Is there a way to have :

Nomogram1 : "male" :
- points 1-100 ---------------
- age ("men") ---------------
- blood.pressure ("men") ---------------
- linear predictor ---------------

And nomogram2 : "female" :
- points 1-100 ---------------
- blood.pressure ("female") ---------------
- linear predictor ---------------

As I said I tried and failed (nomogram() still wants me to define
interact=list(...)) with :
plot(nomorgam(f2, adj.to=list(sex="male")) #and "female" for the other one

Marc