[R] Creating the Firefox Download Analytics Map in R

Jason Rupert jasonkrupert at yahoo.com
Sat May 22 02:55:07 CEST 2010

By any chance has anyone put together the R code for reproducing the Firefox Downloads Analytics Map in R?

Here is a link to an example:
http://www.knitwareblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/06/firefox-3-download-map.jpg

I'll try to track down the inputs, but I am interested in putting the code to produce this or something similar.

Any hints about the best packages, or references to R Blog posts that may discuss the code necessary to produce this or a similar plot is very much appreciated.

Thanks again for all the insights and feedback.