[R] Reading in and writing out one line at a time

sedm1000 gdoran at mit.edu
Sat May 22 01:34:27 CEST 2010

Hi, Thanks for you insight.

the problem that I have is that the program reports back an error:

Error in FUN(X[[1L]], ...) :
 STRING_ELT() can only be applied to a 'character vector', not a 'integer

When I try to read in a multi-row frame, and so I can only feed in one row
at a time. The data is then output thus:

[[1]]
[1]  FREDBLOGGS

[2]  250

The best that I can understand, I need to split my multi-row dataframe into
single rows, and then record the output into single rows in a new results
dataframe, and rbind to add the next output to the results dataframe.

If anybody can understand the error message, then that would be useful
too..!

Thanks.