[R] Error in FUN(X[[1L]], ...) : STRING_ELT() can only be applied to a 'character vector', not a 'integer'

sedm1000 gdoran at mit.edu
Sat May 22 01:41:06 CEST 2010

I am receiving this error running a command on a multi-row data-frame. The
data is strings of text (each with new line separator, no spaces, no
numerical characters).

Error in FUN(X[[1L]], ...) :
 STRING_ELT() can only be applied to a 'character vector', not a 'integer'

I can run single text string into the same command, and so the issue seems
to be how the package deals with the second row - but I can't work out quite
where the deficit is.

If anybody has spotted this error before, and knows how to resolve it, that
would be much appreciated.

Cheers.

R version 2.11.0 (2010-04-22)
i386-apple-darwin9.8.0

locale:
[1] en_US.UTF-8/en_US.UTF-8/C/C/en_US.UTF-8/en_US.UTF-8

attached base packages:

other attached packages:
[1] GeneRfold_1.6.0 GeneR_2.18.0