[R] Error in inspect(), package asuR

Joanne Hosking joanne.hosking at pms.ac.uk
Mon May 24 10:51:23 CEST 2010

Dear list,

I am trying to obtain diagnostic plots for mixed effects models using the lme4 package to create the models and the inspect.lmer (model) or inspect (model) function in the asuR package to create diagnostic plots.

I get the following error message when I try to run the example:

> data(wellplate)
> model <- lmer(int ~ trt + (1|row) + (1|col), data=wellplate)
> inspect(model)

Error in .setupMethodsTables(fdef, initialize = TRUE) :
  no slot of name "group" for this object of class "derivedDefaultMethod"

I am using R version 2.11.0, asuR_0.08-24, and lme4_0.999375-33

Can anyone explain to me what this error message means and how to fix the problem?

Many thanks & best wishes,
Jo Hosking