[R] [R-pkgs] New package: `lavaan' for latent variable analysis (including structural equation modeling)

Yves Rosseel Yves.Rosseel at UGent.be
Mon May 24 18:58:16 CEST 2010

On 05/24/2010 06:31 PM, Michael Friendly wrote:
> Hi Yves
>
> lavaan looks like a very nice package. From the tutorial introduction
> I see you create path diagrams for some of the models you describe.
> How did you do this? I don't see a function for this in the package.
>
> I know there is a path.diagram function in the sem package that uses
> dot to draw the diagram, but I've always found the layouts from dot
> somewhat strange for path diagrams without a fair bit of tweaking.

There is currently no function in lavaan to automatically draw a path
diagram. The path diagrams in the tutorial are handmade in latex, using
the tikz/pgf environment.

Best,

Yves Rosseel.