[R] how can I read a non-standard XLS file

Gabor Grothendieck ggrothendieck at gmail.com
Tue May 25 13:29:01 CEST 2010

It appears you are using read.xls in gdata.  In that case be sure you
are using the latest version of gdata on CRAN since there was a
problem with one older version.   There is more info on read.xls in
gdata here and also listed there are alternatives you can try:
http://rwiki.sciviews.org/doku.php?id=tips:data-io:ms_windows&s=excel