[R] R eat my data

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Tue May 25 17:57:50 CEST 2010

On May 25, 2010, at 11:42 AM, Changbin Du wrote:

> HI, Dear R community,
>
> My original file has 1932 lines, but when I read into R, it changed
> to 1068
> lines, how comes?

We are being asked to investigate this quest, how?

Have you looked at the last line to see if it looks like gene_name?

Isn't this isomorphic to genetics questions? What sort of mutation is
it? Deletion? Abnormal stop codon? Figure out where the transcription
process went wrong.  This sort of analysis would appear to be right up
the alley of someone doing genetics.

> cdu at nuuk:~/operon$ wc -l id_name_gh5.txt
> 1932 id_name_gh5.txt
>

>> gene_name<-read.table("/home/cdu/operon/id_name_gh5.txt", sep="\t",
> skip=0, header=F, fill=T)
>> dim(gene_name)
> [1] 1068    3
>

> --