[R] logarithmic integrals in R?

Oliver Kullmann O.Kullmann at swansea.ac.uk
Sat May 29 22:18:36 CEST 2010

Thanks for the information.

I found gsl at http://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/gsl/index.html.

> and elliptic integrals are part of the 'gsl' package, so
>
>     library('gsl')
>     x <- seq(2, 10, by=0.5)
>     y <- expint_Ei(log(x))
>
> See e.g. the Handbook of Mathematical Functions for how to reduce higher
> logarithmic integrals.

However here I wasn't succesful: Going through the chapter

http://www.math.ucla.edu/~cbm/aands/page_228.htm

I didn't find any mentioning of the higher logarithmic integrals.

> Another possibility is to use the Web API of 'keisan', the calculation
> library of Casio.

Interesting; but again only li(x).

Also a google search on "higher logarithmic integrals", "logarithmic integrals"
or "li_n(x)" doesn't reveal anything, so I would be thankful for a hint.

Thanks again!

Oliver