[R] Building a list

Noah Silverman noah at smartmediacorp.com
Mon May 31 00:05:59 CEST 2010

That would be great, except I just realized I made a typo when sending
my code.

I'm tracking 20 coefficents for 10 groups.  So I need a "top" list of 10
groups.  Then each of the 10,000 samples for each of the 20 coefficients.

It should be more like this:

for(j in 1:10000){
    for(g in groups){
        coef <- c(1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10) #would be actual MCMC samples
        Chain[[g]] <- rbind(Chain[[g]], coef)
    }
}

So, there are 10 lists in "Chain"  (One for each group.)  Each list is
then a matrix/data.frame of values for each coef.  (Hence the "rbind" in
my code.)

R gives me an error about the subscript, as Chain[[g]] is empty for the
first iteration.