[R] Post-processing of approximated irregular time series

Gabor Grothendieck ggrothendieck at gmail.com
Mon Nov 1 17:04:40 CET 2010

On Mon, Nov 1, 2010 at 11:14 AM, Salim Alexander (salimale)
<salimale at students.zhaw.ch> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Issue: I merged two zoo objects (a regular and an irregular). After the merge I used the function 'na.approx' to have also values in the resolution of the regular time series.
>
> Problem: After approximation some rows at the beginning or at the end of the zoo objects disappear due to the 'na.approx' algorithm. Now I just want to have all the rows of the regular time series with the approximated values of the irregular time series back. Because some rows disappear I wasn't able to program a code which works properly for 'all' circumstances. I also tried to work with the 'index' function. Didn't work out so far.
>
> Thank you for your help.
>
> Regards,
> Alex

Note the last line to every message to r-help asking for minimal
reproducible code.   Without that one cannot be sure what the problem
is but note the na.rm= argument on na.approx.zoo .

--
Statistics & Software Consulting
GKX Group, GKX Associates Inc.
email: ggrothendieck at gmail.com