[R] memory allocation problem

Peter Langfelder peter.langfelder at gmail.com
Wed Nov 3 04:00:35 CET 2010

Oops,  I missed that you only have 4GB of memory... but since R is
apparently capable of using almost 10GB, either you actually have more
RAM, or the system is swapping some data to disk. Increasing memory
use in R might still help, but also may lead to a situation where the
system waits forever for data to be swapped to and from the disk.

Peter