[R] newbie question on importing and parsing file by row

Gerrit Eichner Gerrit.Eichner at math.uni-giessen.de
Fri Nov 5 08:30:32 CET 2010

Hello, Emily,

take a look at read.table() for importing (with or without header
depending on your file which holds the data). Maybe

X <- read.table( "yourfilename", header = FALSE, row.names = 1)

and then

pvalues <- apply( X, 1,
                   function( x)
                    fisher.test( matrix( x, 2, 2))$p.value
                 )

does the job (if all the data in your file are such that fisher.test() can
cope with them ...).

Hth  --  Gerrit