[R] (no subject)

Michael Bedward michael.bedward at gmail.com
Fri Nov 5 09:28:05 CET 2010

Hello,

One approach would be to fit your distribution using MCMC with, for
example, the rjags package. Then you can use the "zeroes trick" or
"ones trick" to implement your new distribution as described here...

http://mathstat.helsinki.fi/openbugs/data/Docu/Tricks.html

You will find a summary of Bayesian / MCMC packages here...

http://cran.r-project.org/web/views/Bayesian.html

Of these, rjags is the only one I've used directly so I can't comment
on which would be easiest. Hopefully others here can offer advice.

Michael