[R] filled.contour colorbar without black color separators?

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Fri Nov 5 13:30:21 CET 2010

On Nov 5, 2010, at 7:36 AM, Gregor Volberg wrote:

> Dear list members,
>
> I have been using filled.contour in order to plot EEG data. For the
> colors, I used a conventional ramp from blue to red (blue - green -
> yellow - red), and 100 color levels to make the plot looking smooth:
>
> (...) color.palette = colorRampPalette(c('blue','green',
> 'yellow','red'), space='rgb'), nlevels = 100 (...)
>
> My problem ist that filled.contour draws a black bar as a separation
> between each color of the color bar (color key) so that color bar
> becomes essentially black if I use many color levels. Is there a way
> to  turn of this behavior? Any advice would be greatly appreciated,

I am not being categorical about this but it doesn't look simple.  I
have looked at the code and the parameter list and had hoped to see
either a way to pass parameters to legend or perhaps to change the
code. Neither of those appears possible, since parameters are not sent
to legend and legend isn't even called within the code. If I had this
need. I would be looking at moving my plotting over to levelplot in
package:lattice.

--
David

> Gregor