[R] About installing RBloomberg

Stephen Liu satimis at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 5 15:42:47 CET 2010

Hi folks,

Debian 600 64bit desktop

> sudo R
Password:
> install.packages("RBloomberg", repos="http://R-Forge.R-project.org")
* DONE (zoo)
ERROR: dependencies ‘rcom’, ‘bitops’, ‘RUnit’ are not available for package
‘RBloomberg’
* removing ‘/usr/local/lib/R/site-library/RBloomberg’

Failed

> install.packages("RBloomberg", "rcom", "bitops", "RUnit",
>repos="http://R-Forge.R-project.org")
Warning in install.packages("RBloomberg", "rcom", "bitops", "RUnit", repos =
"http://R-Forge.R-project.org") :
  'lib = "rcom"' is not writable
Would you like to create a personal library
'~/R/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-library/2.11'
to install packages into?  (y/n)

Whether I need to create a personal library

However I found rcom, bitops and RUnit on Debian repo;

$ apt-cache search bitops | grep r-cran
r-cran-bitops - GNU R package implementing bitwise operations

$ apt-cache search RUnit | grep r-cran
r-cran-runit - GNU R package providing unit testing framework

$ apt-cache search rcom | grep r-cran
r-cran-rcpp - GNU R / C++ interface classes and examples

Can I install them on Debian repo?  TIA

B.R.
Stephen L