[R] anova(lme.model)

Ben Bolker bbolker at gmail.com
Sat Nov 6 20:34:30 CET 2010

Mike Marchywka <marchywka <at> hotmail.com> writes:

> > Date: Sat, 6 Nov 2010 07:45:26 -0700
> > From: gunter.berton <at> gene.com
> > To: sibylle.stoeckli <at> gmx.ch
> > CC: r-help <at> r-project.org
> > Subject: Re: [R] anova(lme.model)
> >
> > Sounds to me like you should really be seeking help from your local
> > statistician, not this list. What you request probably cannot be done.
>
> I'm still bringing my install up to speed so I can't immediately
> read the cited R stuff below but it sounds like the OP
> mentions a controversy documented in the R packages. Is there
> a list for discussing these topics? Offhand that seems legitimate
> for a user help list unless you want people to believe that
> " it came out of a computer so it must be right, whatever a P value
> is."

  It's not documented within the packages themselves,
it's documented in the r-sig-mixed-models archives, and at
<http://rwiki.sciviews.org/doku.php?id=guides:lmer-tests>,
and in the R FAQ
<http://cran.r-project.org/doc/FAQ/R-FAQ.html#Why-are-p_002dvalues-not-displayed-when-using-lmer_0028_0029_003f>
and here