[R] varclus in Hmisc vs SAS PROC VARCLUS

Darin A. England england at cs.umn.edu
Mon Nov 8 17:07:42 CET 2010

My impression is that varclus from the Hmisc library is very
convenient to use when you want to get an idea of the correlation
among predictor variables in a regression setting, but if you want
to perform cluster analysis in general, you may be better off using
a different function in R, such as hclust or kmeans.
Darin