[R] Centre of gravity of a mountain

Peter Langfelder peter.langfelder at gmail.com
Mon Nov 8 18:15:16 CET 2010

Weighted mean of x and y coordinates (sorry for the pun :)), that is
something like

n = 21
y = matrix( c(1:n), n, n)
x = matrix( c(1:n), n, n, byrow = TRUE)

# These are the Center of mass coordinates:
xCenter = sum(x * Z)/sum(Z);
yCenter = sum(y * Z)/sum(Z);

If you also need the z coordinate, it simply the mean of the matrix Z.

zCenter = mean(Z)

Peter