[R] Error: could not find function "extract" in package raster

Roger Bivand Roger.Bivand at nhh.no
Tue Nov 9 13:00:32 CET 2010

In addition to the good advice given earlier, you may note for the future
that the raster authors reply actively on the R-sig-geo list, often within
minutes. So questions about the raster package may best be directed to that
list.

Roger

Monica Pisica wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I would like to use the function "extract" from package raster and i get
> the following error:
>  m01e <- extract(marsh01, p)
> Error: could not find function "extract"
>
> marsh01 is a raster object and p is an intersectExtent object that is not
> null.
>
> The package is installed and loaded, i use a Windows machine 64 bit and R
> x64 2.11.0. Do i really need to update my R to use this function?
>
> Thanks, Monica
> 	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]

-----
Roger Bivand
Economic Geography Section
Department of Economics
Norwegian School of Economics and Business Administration
Helleveien 30
N-5045 Bergen, Norway