[R] library(kernlab) --- unable to load shared library

Phil Spector spector at stat.berkeley.edu
Tue Nov 9 18:32:55 CET 2010

Yuliya -
    The error message doesn't say that the file doesn't exist --
it says that it contains a symbol which can't be resolved,
in this case dgemv_ .  A quick google search shows that this
is part of the BLAS library.  So my guess is that you have
installed the BLAS library in some non-standard location.
You didn't mention what Linux distribution you're using, or
whether you built R and the kernlab library from source or
not, so it's hard to give specific guidance to solve your
problem.

 					- Phil Spector
 					 Statistical Computing Facility
 					 Department of Statistics