[R] R-2.12.0 problem on Solaris 10

Dr. David Kirkby david.kirkby at onetel.net
Tue Nov 9 23:30:05 CET 2010

On 11/ 9/10 09:22 PM, Zhang,Jun wrote:
> It's been a few days I cannot compile to get R-2.12.0 working at sparc Solaris 10. Seems the R software installation is OK, but the recommended package called Matrix stopped me, since I can finish the installation with the configure option -with-recommended-packages=no. I then run

Is this a 32-bit or 64-bit build? Is it Sun Studio or gcc?

There are issues with the R libraries when built with Sun Studio - they have
relocations to read-only segments.

So info at

However, the issues I have seem to be different to yours, so I expect you are
either using Sun Studio or you are using a 32-bit build.

Dave