[R] Installing R and an editor on a USB drive

B.-Markus Schuller b.markus.schuller at googlemail.com
Wed Nov 10 12:52:22 CET 2010

Hey,

I don't know whether this helps, but an editor for Windows with code
highlighting for any programming language (including R) that can be
installed on a pen drive (USB stick) is Notepad++
(http://notepad-plus-plus.org/) and with the NppToR application
(http://npptor.sourceforge.net/) that runs in the background, scripts
and commands can be sent to R with a configurable keystroke just like
with the R editor. I don't really know, though, if NppToR also can be
run from the pen drive.

I personally like Notepad++ more than TinnR, mostly because it is
smaller. It does not, however, provide such a rich development
environment like TinnR.

Give it a try and see whether it fits your requirements.
Cheers,
Markus

B.-Markus Schuller aka Mango

Sensory Ecology Group