[R] plotting histograms/density plots in a triangular layout?

Karin Lagesen karin.lagesen at bio.uio.no
Wed Nov 10 17:27:29 CET 2010

Hi!

I have a set of 49 pairwise comparisons that I have done. From this I
would like to plot either histograms or the density plots of the values
I get. Now, I can plot one histogram per comparison, but I have problems
getting the output I want. When plotting like I normally would do:

histogram(~percid | orgA_orgB, data = alldata)

I get the histograms next to eachother in a boxlike shape. However,
since these are pairwise ( 7x7 ) I would like to have them placed in a
triangular shape, like this:

1	x
2	x	x
3	x	x	x
	1	3	3

where the Xes represent where I want plots, and the 1,2,3 represent the
legends.

I have seen similar plots done by R, so I know it is possible, but the
question is how :D

TIA,

Karin
--
Karin Lagesen, Ph.D.
Centre for Ecological and Evolutionary Synthesis (CEES)
Email karin.lagesen at bio.uio.no
http://folk.uio.no/karinlag