[R] RGoogleDocs stopped working

Duncan Temple Lang duncan at wald.ucdavis.edu
Wed Nov 10 19:33:47 CET 2010

Hi Harlan

 I just tried to connect to Google Docs and I had ostensibly the same problem.
However, the password was actually different from what I had specified.
After resetting it with GoogleDocs, the getGoogleDocsConnection() worked
fine. So I don't doubt that the login and password are correct, but
you might just try it again to ensure there are no typos.
The other thing to look at is the values for Email and Passwd
sent in the URL, i.e. the string in url in your debugging
below. (Thanks for that by the way). If either has special characters,
e.g. &, it is imperative that they are escaped correctly, i.e. converted
to %24.  This should happen and nothing should have changed, but it is
worth verifying.

 So things still seem to work for me. It is a data point, but not one
that gives you much of a clue as to what is wrong on your machine.

  D.